Glide and Stahl Headers?

-

M347

Reaction score
Anyone on here running a powerglide with Stahl headers? Are you running an ultrabell or using a profiled adapter plate. Wanting to go to a glide this winter and I am not sure about clearance with the back header tube on the stahls on my car.

A little over 3300 pounds on the starting line.

i really think that at 3300lbs your hotrod is a tad on the heavy side to use a glide. glides are very strong when built with all the bells and whisles. for what it's worth they do extremely well in very lite cars or ones with big high horse power motors, not saying you don't have a motor like that but just what i understand they work the best behind. may i ask what is your reasoning for thinking about going to a glide?

i have thought about it myself but i will test the 727 for awhile longer. for me to change over to a glide will cost about $10,000+, trans, shifter, convertor, adaptor etc, a high end 727 $8000 as i have the shifter and convertor. so for me it's alot to ponder.

Having problems spinning on hot tracks during the summer. I think the 1.76 or 1.80 low gear instead of the 2.45 or 2.46 in the 727 will help with that. Don't think the weight will be a problem as a freind of mine picked up a tenth and about 1.5 mph in a car that is 3700 pounds.

-
Back