good deals on hemis?

-

revmopar

Reaction score
Anybody have a good source for late model hemis, i have tried several junk yards in my area with no luck.
Thanks in advance

Craigslist and eBay have been gold for me. If you want a stroker motor I have a pretty good source for full motors but they can get pricey based on options.

Quite a few show up locally here, even fresh crates and rebuilds... I got mine for a steal on ebay. Shipping wasn't terrible if you have access to a place that can forklift or has a dock. Most of the "hemi parts dealers" are way overpriced in my book.

Good luck, I did spend a few months lookin before I found mine...

Joe

Quite a few show up locally here, even fresh crates and rebuilds... I got mine for a steal on ebay. Shipping wasn't terrible if you have access to a place that can forklift or has a dock. Most of the "hemi parts dealers" are way overpriced in my book.

Good luck, I did spend a few months lookin before I found mine...

Joe

That's what they call the hemi mark up. I will say this. Being on the mailing list for some dealer pricing I will say most of the parts are not huge mark-up pieces. So the end user suffers because of lowered demand for parts. And parts suppliers suffer because if they keep prices high they won't get the volume. It's really give and take with all of this. I know there is maybe 10% mark-up on hard engine parts like stroker kits and that kind of stuff. Now heads are another ball game. That's all in the cnc work. You can make power on mildly worked factory heads but to get into performance heads your looking at $2000 for cnc ported factory castings. I would love to get something going to help guys out I just don't have the resources to buy in the minimum for most of these parts manufacturers. I asked a while ago if anyone would be interested and no one responded.

it's just frustrating that the off brand bowtie boys can get their stuff so easy and so cheap. I have been Mopar as long as i have been breathing and will never give up but man it's aggrivating sometimes. I have done 3 ls implants for guys and they make it so easy. I'm sorry, but sometimes it helps to let that stuff out. haha. Thanks for the input and I'll keep looking

When my stroker build is done, my engine will be hitting the "for sale" section, with 19000 miles on it, for cheap.

I scored an eagle hemi on eBay for cheap.

-
Back