Harley Guys ???

-

Small Block

Reaction score
OK, here's the plan. The Bike i had for sale is no longer for sale as i've found that it is an S&S motor with a whole lot of cubes in it. I had it up on consignment at a detail shop and the owner of the shop rode it a couple of times. Everytime he rode it he wanted to ride it again, he's a Harley owner. I told him it would jump on a 100 MPH right now. He is under the impression that it will run 160 MPH. Dont think so but he is impressed. My question is this. It needs some wiring work so while i had it here in the shop i'm taking it down for a couple of weeks and i'm going to repaint it. Kevin has told me of a "Jack Danials" edition of a paint job. He also told me of a "Southern Comfort" edition. Not familiar with these and cant seem to find anything on the search. I've had the guys take the fenders, and the tanks off for repainting. Can you guys tell me where to find the paint scheme for one of these harley bikes? They may be custom but i'd like to see one so i can show it to my painter. Any help would be appriciated. I think i'll keep it for the summer and ride the nuts off of it. Thanks in advance guys.
Small Block

I tried the google thing, but found nada, IMO if you can find it, go with the Southern Comfort paint scheme, me like southern comfort!! Jack bad...Southern good mmmmm

Roger, cant seem to get anything to come up. Post the link if you can. Hell i might even do a "Kesslers Edition" if i cant find the others,
Small block

Another idea to run by you guys. Thinkin of doin my own thing. "Whiskey River" as the theme. Place that along side of both tanks. Place a whiskey logo from various brands in differnt locations around the bike. Wild turkey, Johnny Walker, Jim Beam, Southern Comfort, Kesslers, Jackie D. Black. Whats some others? The main color would be a candy root beer as the base then take it from there and maybe do the labels in a ghost effect. What cha think?
Small Block

I would not recommend a paint scheme that makes reference to any alcoholic beverage for a bike you plan to ride unless you like getting pulled over, the cops will have a field day giving you sobriety tests and generally hassling you every chance they get

Interesting point you bring up there X. I guess if i rode it like a wild man you would be spot on. In my neck of the woods i dont think the paint scheme would be a problem as my SIL is the Sargent of the night shift here on the police force. All the guys know me and my cars and bikes as also do the State Troopers that have their office on the same road i live on. Good thought though. I really think that if a person behaved themselves on a bike they could ride a bike around here with expired tags for years. Just as long as it had a tag on it. This aint California. Candy Root Beer would be the main base color then do the logos in ghost.
Small Block

One of my club brothers scoots.
I can give you some close ups of the art if you like.

Ziff GutterSlut 020.jpg

Ziff GutterSlut 025.jpg

Ziff GutterSlut 014.jpg

A couple themes here. One is a wooden keg barrel on a harley tank.
Others speak for themselves.
Hopefully these help. I have several airbrush mags with more themes. But those would be hard for me to scan in.

drew%20002.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

jd1.jpg

Thanks 71. I think we have arrived with a plan. Like said before, Candy Root Beer (color of whiskey) with panels in cream yellow on each side of the tank. "Whiskey River" will be script on each panel with a small emblem on the front fender similiar to the banner on a Kesslers logo only it will say in small letters "Whiskey River". On the back fender above the tailite we plan on writing " Boot Legger". The tanks and fenders are primed and we'll start sanding this week every night. I'd like to see it done in two weeks but you never know. Almost forgot. For the mirrors i think i'll buy two small stainless whiskey flask and make em into mirrors. Either polish the stainless so you can see out of em or glue small mirrors to the flask.
Small Block

That will look great! I would like to see the pics when you complete it.

-
Back