headers/oil filter

-

coolbreeze

LoweLife
Reaction score
OK - I am getting ready to put headers on my car, has anyone used a remote oil filter kit? I was thinking of going that route vs. the 90 degree adapter. Anything have to be modified on the block? The SBC guys use to be able to screw an adapter on the block and route their lines anywhere, can us Mopar dudes do the same? It sure would be nice to run my filter in a easy to reach location!

0822091844.jpg

0822091841.jpg

like this?
I have a small thin drain pan i put under the filter and a bunch of rags, works purrrrfect and you can even run bigger filters if desired.

Did you have to modify anything on the motor? I guess what I am asking is, do you just screw the adapter on like a filter and then run your lines and mount the filter housing?

Mine is very similar... I kept the 90 degree adapter, then attached a perma cool housing, and used hydraulic hoses to connect to the mount on the fenderwell.

Now I can change oil filter without dumping oil on the headers..
If only the 90 degree adapter would stop leaking !!!

you don't have to modify the engine at all, I just put the adapter, put some fittings off it and made my oil lines out of high pressure hydraulic line.

-
Back