Heater Hose Fitting

-

jalake

Reaction score
I need to pick up a new heater hose fitting (The heater hose nipple at the manifold) I'm not sure what size I need to get. I believe it to be 5/8" hose fitting w/ 3/8" NPT thread, but there are 2 styles, one that is slotted to tighten w/ a screwdriver, and one that has a hex lug on it. I don't have my car nearby, so I was wondering if anyone could let me know what I need to pick up.

I'm not sure that is the correct size either, so any info anyone has in that regard is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry

I believe it to be 5/8" hose fitting w/ 3/8" NPT thread, but there are 2 styles, one that is slotted to tighten w/ a screwdriver, and one that has a hex lug on it. I don't have my car nearby, so I was wondering if anyone could let me know what I need to pick up.

I'm not sure that is the correct size either, so any info anyone has in that regard is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry

Either the slot driven or hex driven will work, but the hex driven is easier to install.

You can get a generic brass nipple with 3/8" pipe thread at any home improvement/hardware store.

Or the 3.3L/3.8L minivan engine used one on the lower intake manifold that you should be able to buy through a dealer parts dept. The early style in the mid 90's used the slot driven one, then they made a running change to the hex driven one in the late 90's... Can't remember the exact time frame...

Be careful of the nipple "kits" from Mancini, some of them don't have the proper thread to fit the intake....

Thanks all, I had to run so I opted for the 5/8" - 3/8" NPT from O'reilly. If that isn't it, I'll swap it out for the 1/2 NPT.

-
Back