Help me find my old 340 1970 Duster

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Back in the early 90's, when money was tight I struck up a deal with a friend of mine to build his 68 Roadrunner and in exchange we bartered for part of a 1970 340 Duster and he let me make payments on the balance. Well out of the blue, one Christmas my wife gave me a Christmas card and in the card was the title to my Duster! I was shocked and to this day it was one of the best gifts I ever received. I still owed him like $1500.00 dollars and some how my wife worked and saved to pay him the balance. The car at the time had a 440 in it and I restoed the car back to it's original form of 340 4speed with 3.55 SG. It was Tor red with black bucket seats.
I wound up trading the car off to for a drag car a 71 BB Scamp. Since that time my good friend died in a small plane crash here in Tampa Fl. He had a STOL airplane and pushed it beyond it's limits and it stalled and he crash on the runway shortly after take off. With that memory and the one of the Christmas card with the title in it made me want to find the car again.
While cleaning out some paper work the other day, my wife found the Auto Wallet that had the tag registration and insurance card in it. So I have the vin number. Maybe someone can tell me how to do a search for it. The vin is VS29HOB193995
Thanks for your help

May try contacting your insurance agent and see if they can help. Maybe they can search to see if the vin is still active at least. Good luck.

-
Back