-

crazy 340

Reaction score
yap a cheby question and I know there is people here to help me out

I own a 1995 sierra with 350 equiped with TBI
never hade big problem with that truck BUT it's pig at the gaz station
it really doesnt pull hard as it drink THATS FOR SURE

I wanna built a 383 for it and stay with the tbi set up
was looking at the pro comp heads 195cc and a scat rotating(cast)
small hydraulique computer freindly cam

do know if the ecm will be ok with that
will the tbi choke me

give your idea on it

Thanks Bob

Got a friend running a 383 chevy in an S-10 blazer with a tuned port setup on it, and its just enough as far as airflow is concerned, and thats a performance minded intake setup. You may be able to get by using a bigger throttle body off a 454 same year as your truck and put your 350 injectors in it, get an edelbrock tbi intake and port the snot out of it, and port match it to the larger throttle body base. This may help airflow with a 383.

Ever try adjusting your timing to make your350 a bit more aggressive, maybe a cam, and headers? Chuck the engine driven fan for an electric.

I did those things to my 94 C1500 silverado and she runs much better now. Not a bullet mind you but she gets 22 highway. 350, 5 speed 3.55 gears w positraction.

Did you buy it new? Is it an automatic? I got a set of injectors from a 'vette, and changed the chip because my '87 was like that. Helped a little. The real improvement came when I swapped out what I suspect was probably the wrong torque converter. I took one from a TH-350 and put it in my 400. Hit the throttle and all my tool boxes went flying everywhere. However, it is a truck and with the 3.06 or 3.09 gears, I can't remember which, it still gets crappy mileage, but I can at least pull out into traffic without being killed.

-
Back