Help with a 69' Dart Swinger.....

-

agepag

Reaction score
I have been lurking in this forum for sometime, well last week my father suffered a stroke while driving his 69' dart swinger and smashed into a parked car, this is a car he purchased 25 years ago when I was a teenager. Fast forward and now my kids love this car as so do I, thankfully I think my father will recover and now it's time to fix the car. I really hoped the insurance was not going to write the car off and I told them that if I had to I would absorb some of the cost on part, luckily the damage was mostly cosmetic, needs a hood 2 fenders, front bumper and a paint job. Insurance is going to fix it, but know it's time to get the correct colour. The car was painted 20 years ago by my uncle, car was blue on blue, but my father wanted it yellow on black (same as his first swinger). The yellow was never 100% true to the original, but now I have this opportunity to get it correct. My question is was there a difference between a US vs Canadian car? I think the correct colour is sunfire yellow Y2? He calls it canary yellow which I told him is not a real colour! Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Plymouth called it "Sunfire Yellow".
And Dodge called it, drum roll..............."Yellow".
So since your dads car is a Dodge, the proper color is "Yellow".
PPG 81574 paint code.

Last edited:
-
Back