Hemi 6.4 and power steering help?

-

Ozyduster

Reaction score
So i am acquiring all the bits for the 6.4 hemi swap.
MY 74 duster currently has power steering, i am using the Holley mounts that will bring the engine forward i inch.
I know with the TTI mounts and headers the standard power steering does not work as clashes with pipes. Does bringing the motor forward help or make it worse?
It would be good to avoid having to get the Borgeson unit as obviously freight expensive to Australia and given i am building entire car where i can save money here and there is great. However this car has a fairly big budget regardless but shipping hurts sometimes more than the part i am purchasing.

I will be getting custom headers made as Holley dont make the shorties any more. So potential to make it work.
If custom headers do you think the standard power steering could be made to fit???

I will also be going an electric pump to simplify things as well and less junk going on at the front of engine.

So i am acquiring all the bits for the 6.4 hemi swap.
MY 74 duster currently has power steering, i am using the Holley mounts that will bring the engine forward i inch.
I know with the TTI mounts and headers the standard power steering does not work as clashes with pipes. Does bringing the motor forward help or make it worse?
It would be good to avoid having to get the Borgeson unit as obviously freight expensive to Australia and given i am building entire car where i can save money here and there is great. However this car has a fairly big budget regardless but shipping hurts sometimes more than the part i am purchasing.

I will be getting custom headers made as Holley dont make the shorties any more. So potential to make it work.
If custom headers do you think the standard power steering could be made to fit???

I will also be going an electric pump to simplify things as well and less junk going on at the front of engine.
What intake do you plan to run on your 6.4? Do you plan to run AC? If not running a 6.4 intake, it opens up more possibilities an makes things a little easier. I chose the hard path tho and wanted the stock intake... even after planning and buying a 6.1 intake.

Bringing the motor forward makes it worse.. way worse. I moved forward 5/8" and it was a battle using (modified) Schumacher mounts , TTI headers and a Borgeson box and it was a battle! I literally voided every warranty lol

I chose to go with a stock PS pump from a 2012 (or 13) Scat.. I didn't need more work with a electric conversion.

What intake do you plan to run on your 6.4? Do you plan to run AC? If not running a 6.4 intake, it opens up more possibilities an makes things a little easier. I chose the hard path tho and wanted the stock intake... even after planning and buying a 6.1 intake.

Bringing the motor forward makes it worse.. way worse. I moved forward 5/8" and it was a battle using (modified) Schumacher mounts , TTI headers and a Borgeson box and it was a battle! I literally voided every warranty lol

I chose to go with a stock PS pump from a 2012 (or 13) Scat.. I didn't need more work with a electric conversion.
Ill be running the 6.4 stock to get through the engineering. Don't care much for warranties lol, have to see how we go. I like the electrical side of it and don't mind it. Have to see how we go, its looking like custom pipes whatever i do as by the time i ship custom pipes here may as well go custom. Shipping for a petrol tank about 2k haha.

Ill be running the 6.4 stock to get through the engineering. Don't care much for warranties lol, have to see how we go. I like the electrical side of it and don't mind it. Have to see how we go, its looking like custom pipes whatever i do as by the time i ship custom pipes here may as well go custom. Shipping for a petrol tank about 2k haha.
You need to buy a shipping container full of parts and make some $$

I have thought about it, would be cheaper. However nearly have all the parts i need. If you see my build thread not much is left un touched
You need to buy a shipping container full of parts and make some money

-
Back