Hemi swap in 1975 plymouth 2007 5.7

-

mopar krazy

Reaction score
Hello to all ,
Has anyone used a drive train from a 2007 grand cherokee ( 5.7 hemi ) in anything else ? I want to put this motor and transmission in my 1975 plymouth scamp I heard it was a great combination but I started doing my research and I don't find anyone that tried it or knows if it's worth the effort any feed back will be very much appreciated thanks in advance............

There are ton of hemi swaps. Not so many use the 4x4 drive trains as the transmission with the transfer case would be a a huge undertaking…

Broaden you search and look for just 5.7/6.1/6.4 swaps.

The motor in a GC isn’t any different than one out of a Charger/300/Magnum. And one out of a truck is only different in that they have a different intake and mount the accessories up top.

I agree that the AWD trans is probably a no-go, unless you are looking at putting it in a truck. But there are probably RWD trans of the same type that would be workable.

The tail shaft should be removable and swapped with rear wheel drive truck I heard the stock manifolds should work with clearance from steering / firewall

-
Back