Hemi swap question

-

MonkeyMadness

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
How many of you are running a harness and ecu that requires the uses of the stock (from the doner car) brake switch?

Any of you running an automatic transmission and do you have to press the brake to start the motor?

What harness are you running?

I just looked at the instructions Hotwire Auto has online for their swap harness and nothing in there that requires the brake pedal switch to be connected.

What harness are you running?

I just looked at the instructions Hotwire Auto has online for their swap harness and nothing in there that requires the brake pedal switch to be connected.

I running a Bouchillon performance harness. It uses and ecu from a jeep and a 545rfe and it requires a stock brake switch.

I running a Bouchillon performance harness. It uses and ecu from a jeep and a 545rfe and it requires a stock brake switch.

This kind of implies that it needs the switch for the lockup function.

Still having starting issues?

Yes...
I'm was thinking about it at work and the thought popped into my head that maybe the brake needs to be pushed while starting. This switch pinout doesn't suggest it but it might just need a signal.
I'll test this tomorrow.

I would think not. I did a 5.7/545 RFE swap into a 62 D-100. It's used for trans functions and cruise control. Hotwireauto.com harness and pcm.

-
Back