Hemi Under Glass Videos

-
I was fortunate enough to drool all over this famous A body at MATS=P~

glass.jpg

glass1.jpg

glass2.jpg

These are from Pomona drag way in summer of 2003 at a GoodGuys sponsored event. Hemi-under Glass was the show stopper/headliner then. We got two posters and a 1/64 scale Johnny Lightning car for my son and Bob Riggle autographed everything for us. A real nice guy. Excuse the picture quality, it was a very cheap digital camera. My son was about 9 at the time of this picture. Never would have thought at the time he'd be driving an A-body some day.

J%20w%20Hemi%20Glass.jpg

I remember seeing the early Hemi Under Glass car run in it`s heyday, side by side with the Little Red Wagon. They used to run steel skids on the back that would shoot huge sparks out as the cars went down the track. 10 second quarter mile passes on 2 wheels is just insane!

That was cool,

I wish they would have more on the first generation Hemi Under Glass but you never see it, that was prior to Riggle becoming the driver.

I believe the back up pick up was from St. Louis, the guy that built it was Hollie Swindle. He wanted to buy one of my 65 Barracuda's about 15 years ago to build another wheel stander but didn't want to pay anything for it.

My son (about 12 at the time) & I seen this car run in Reynolds, Ga. at an All Mopar So. Nat'l several years ago. I had no idea what we were going to see. After the run I think both of us were just standing there with our jaws on the ground in shock!
I will forward these vids to him.
Thanks!!!:cheers:
C

-
Back