Hi There

-

1971scamp

Reaction score
I thought it was about time I said hello. I have been checking the site out for about 6 months now, I have never posted on a web board so this is a first for me. I have a 1971 Scamp that I am in the process of rebuilding. What started as just a simple build with 1/4 panel skins has turned to a car being stripped down to a bare shell. This is a fist for me so may take awhile. I also have a 67 Belvedere that I got off ebay that I am completing its drag car build. I am not sure of engine combo right now. I have a very healthy small block short block that I may put in it. I can't help but feel the car needs a big block though. I have a 68 440 block that I thought about stroking for it also. There is also a 74 Duster in my driveway waiting its chance for some glory. Can't decide how it will turn out yet. Thinking drag car or wicked street car. Would post some pics but having problems downloading them from my camera or my phone to computer for some reason. Never happened before just the last week or so. Soon as I can I will download if anyone is interested
Think I may have got one downloaded of the scamp the day I got it

scamp1.jpg

Thanks. I got it from a auction. It had been in a flood and they could not get it to start. Took about an hour of cleaning to get it to look like this. Just had to put a battery, gas and a coil wire on it to get it running. I bought it to part out. Was going to put the front clip on my 74 and a buddy wanted the buckets an console for a duster he is doing. Just did not have the heart to kill her so you know how thing go. It was orginally green o green car, 318/904 ac, ps, pb, with black buckets and a console. I have a sharktooth grill, a four speed console, and most of the stuff to switch it over to a 4 speed. Wasn't going to modify it much at first but getting carried away. I also got a almost perfect set of orginal chrome sport mirrors.

welcome aboard 1971scamp! where are you from, i don't see anything filled in your signature. there have been alot of scamps coming out of the woodwork around here lately. you could be yet another member of the secret scamp society. speaking of which you members need to start #numbering yourself. that way you can keep track of the current members. just who was the founding member anyway???? anyway enjoy the board 1971 scamp! :headbang:

Glad you saved it! :headbang: Werlcome and enjoy this great site :salute:

merkel1.jpg

-
Back