holley 0-80573S carb.

-

slowdown

Reaction score
So I just fired up my car after installing one of these 0-80573S carbs on a mini supercharger. It did'nt fire off right at first, my choke was closed all the way. I had my wife start it while I held the choke open and it fired off. I got on the web and found a youtube video on a holley carburator that said to set the manual choke with a gap about the width of a pencil. I went to autozone and bought a manual choke and ran it through the firewall and hooked it up only to notice the choke on the holley carb pushed forward to open with the choke set up it came with. And the choke cable I bought pulls to open and pushes to close. I messed around with it for awhile and just set it so it held the choke open about the thickness of a pencil, and it starts up ok. But the butterflyl does'nt open up after the car warms up and if I try to give it a little gas it seems to sputter and bog out. But with the butterfly open I can give it a little gas and it did'nt bog. I live in colorado and right now it's a little chilly outside but not to bad. The other carb I had on it without the supercharger had the electric choke turned all the way down and on cold days it would start I would just have to let it warm up before I drove it. And one more thing, when I looked down the carb and pulled back on the throttle it seemed to only squirt gas out the driver side and not the passenger side jet. Maybe tomarrow I will check this out again to be sure. I was looking for leaks and such after I got it started. I will double check this tomarrow just to be sure. Anythoughts?

Never mind just found it on the web. I will keep plugging along, and hopefully get it going before summer. Thanks..

-
Back