Holley Carb ID

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
3310 vacuum carbs have 1 11/16" throttle plates. (750 cfm) The stamping shown on the metering block may be a manufacturing date. I'm not sure if there were any other locations that had the model #.

You may have to go through a couple of steps and open the original file to be able to enlarge it for reading.

(Has been edited after seeing it's a vacuum carb, not a double-pumper.)

[ame]http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_carb_numerical_listing.pdf[/ame]

That's either an original 780 or a 3310 750 that's been converted to a 4150 with a read metering block. That's about as close as you're gonna get.

That's either an original 780 or a 3310 750 that's been converted to a 4150 with a read metering block. That's about as close as you're gonna get.

Good point. If I remember correctly, the 780 had the standard downleg boosters. The subsequent 750 versions had the little "bar" across the booster which helped the vacuum signal but cost 30 cfm.

It's a hell-if-I-know...

A helifino is a cross between an elephant and a rhino....

Good point. If I remember correctly, the 780 had the standard downleg boosters. The subsequent 750 versions had the little "bar" across the booster which helped the vacuum signal but cost 30 cfm.

Yup, that's right so that makes it a 780. It sure looks old enough.

Why somebody would do that to such a valuable carburetor is beyond me. They only came on factory applications.

So is there another body that can be had?

Is it worth saving?

All of the looking I did, did point to the fact it's a 780.

Yeah the 3310 is a dang goodun. I would keep it.

Can the body be replaced? If so, which one?

My goal was to try and get it back the way it was. I have no idea why someone carved on it.

This carb IS definitely a 780CFM. It would have had numbers under the 3310 on the choke horn that would indicate it came on a Chevy 396 from the factory.

Yeah, I think we narrowed that down already. lol

Lol, yeah, just confirming. I actually found the rest of the numbers that should be on it for factory application.

-
Back