Holley Rebuild Kit

-

Lustle

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm sure someone here has used a holley rebuild kit before. Just wondering that if when you guys got it the little brass filters were dirty looking/had black stuff in them. I have a 670 street avenger, and got kit 37-935 to rebuild it. But the filters look dirty. Patches and little spots of black on them. I attached a couple pics. Is this something to worry about? Should I return the kit and get these replaced? Or is that some part of the filter and how they are and its fine?

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0128.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0129.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 111
I forgot what they look like as I never use them. I'm not sure if I have ever purchased a genuine Holley kit but some of the other brand kits don't even supply them. I would pitch them and forget about it .

I throw them in the garbage and use a GOOD quality in line filter.

Well I'm gunna pull the carb apart tomorrow and take a look. See what the filters currently in there look like. I have the usual generic inline metal filter that we've all seen a 1000 times. So I'll have to check out a better in line filter. Any recommendations?

Most factory applications had no in line filter if the carburetor had one.....or two. Every single GM product I have ever seen with a factory quadrajet where the system was untouched did not come with an in line filter, so most any in line filter is an upgrade. WIX, Fram, AC Delco....and good brand name metal in line filter will be fine. Since only a few manufacturers make the filters themselves, you likely already have a good one. Those compressed brass filters are pretty restrictive anyway.

I throw them in the garbage and use a GOOD quality in line filter.

Perfect advise Rob, much to restrictive for performance use. Adding performance is the reason for using a dual line holley in the first place.

My inline is just a $3 off the shelf one from auto value. I did replace it only a month ago or so. Mainly cause I was worried about crap in the tank from the car having sitting so long. I'll ditch the carb units and check for a good inline and run that.

-
Back