Holley to Carter BBS carburetor

-

ltoro23

Reaction score
My Holley carburetor has a hole in it leaking gas so I found a NOS 4956s BBS carburetor, its in the mail so I should receive it Monday or Tuesday, what issues can I expect switching over?

20231014_102412.jpg

20231014_102425.jpg

I had this carburetor rebuilt probably about 10 years ago but I think this time it finally gave out which is why I'm replacing it.

I found this video on youtube yesterday, now to find the replacement fuel line..I may just get the adapter once I figure out the size of the hole

My Holley carburetor has a hole in it leaking gas so I found a NOS 4956s BBS
Good score; that's one of my favourite/the best BBSs. It was stock on '71 49-state 198-automatic cars and has all the goodies/improvements added to the BBS over the years.

Your air cleaner anchor bail, throttle linkage, and distributor vacuum line will drop right on directly. The fuel inlet is in front rather than on the side; good excuse to do the Fuel line mod. Your existing choke would work, but its pushrod is mangled, so you might want to get a № 1231 electric choke kit and drop that on.

Good score; that's one of my favourite/the best BBSs. It was stock on '71 49-state 198-automatic cars and has all the goodies/improvements added to the BBS over the years.

Your air cleaner anchor bail, throttle linkage, and distributor vacuum line will drop right on directly. The fuel inlet is in front rather than on the side; good excuse to do the Fuel line mod. Your existing choke would work, but its pushrod is mangled, so you might want to get a № 1231 electric choke kit and drop that on

Thank you Slantsixdan, we had a mechanic around the neighborhood get it working, but those are good ideas and may be worthwhile looking into. Thanks for the small electric choke kit part number, I was having a hard time figuring out what would work with them so that gives me something to work off of.

While I get the parts this will have to do for a few weeks. It looks like the guy just bent the fuel line to work in the front.

I already ordered the electric choke kit,now just working on getting those 90 degree adapters.. it looks like I might end up ordering the longer elbow shaped adapters.

20231024_071521.jpg

20231024_071533.jpg

-
Back