hopefull 360 build

-

project360

Reaction score
hopefully all goes well with the machine shop for the block, im excited to start building, as its

.060 over
crank turn .010/.010
shot peen stock rods
shooting for 11 to 1 compression on KB 191's w/ floating pins
voodoo, hydro flat tap, Duration 284/292, Lift .533/.552
pro port J heads, 2.02 / 1.60 with comp vavle job and oring'd
holley 750 dp ready for E-85
M-1 intake
electric water pump
all ARP hardware

accepting any and all criticism, good or bad as what ever it makes is what it makes. the goal is to just go fast! This will be a friday/ saturday night driver as i live 5 min. from the 1/4 mile

strip/ streetish, 12 month project.....:clock:
69 Dart, with sure grip, I have not looked into trans or rear gears yet, but will run an auto with manual auto vavle body 3000 stall, the car will be mini tub with street slicks, as tall as i can fit in the tub and still get the car to sit right.
---similar to---

Uploaded with ImageShack.ushttp://www.musclecarspecs.com/images/mopar/1968GSSHEMIDart/images/hemidartgss02.jpg

hes telling me when there done, 250 to 260 between 500 and 600 lift.

--and im not a big duster fan, but thats a good looking car you have.

Does it need to be bored out to .060? I'd only bore it as much as needed to clean it up and I've heard that you can run into thin-wall castings. If you're having it opened up that far, I'd definitely get it sonic checked first.

nuttin wrong with going 60.. hell some can go 70 no prob.
knew a guy who went .1 over. no problems as of yet.

can't do that to a 350 lol.

Your build is similar to mine,you'll love that cam it's the same one i'm using gone 11.79 so far,i'd suggest a 904 and 3.91 or 4.10 for gears...

just got a call from the port shop, he wants me to consider port match my intake and fully port throughout the runners and balance intake flow (CFM's) from the short runners to the long runners to get the most out of the heads as possible !

--1430.00 buks for the whole shabang ready to bolt on...
resurface heads
match port intake to heads,
port polish intake runners
fully port Intake & Exhaust Runners
comp. vavle job
cut install 2.020 ss, valves (valves not supplied)
install, springs (springs not supplied)

Your build is similar to mine,you'll love that cam it's the same one i'm using gone 11.79 so far,i'd suggest a 904 and 3.91 or 4.10 for gears...

thanks, probably go with 3.91, the car has an 8 3/4 sure grip ( gear unknown) how much does your car weigh going 11.7

it was just rebuilt and bored .060 over with 4K miles on it. (truck was totaled in accident)
it wasnt the build i wanted, but it was a good deal for me, so i took it apart, waiting for the machine shop to tell me something.

cool, thanks. im going to try and get the car to 3000, guess we will see how that goes.

-- fiberglass fenders,hood,trunk, frt/rear bumpers to help.
drag lites front and rear, its the cage weight im not sure about and still cert to 10 sec.

-
Back