how can i get the magnum crank trigger to work without the computer?

-

maca

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I have put a Magnum engine in my old Australian valiant and I'm running it with an MSD programmable ignition and I carby. Since I have swapped to a solid game my timing jumps all over the place and I would like to try and use the Factory crank trigger. It's my understanding that the aftermarket MSD ones work on magnets but the Magnum ones work differently somehow. Is there anyway I can get it to work without running a computer or is there a different sensor pick up I can use to read Magnum flexplate

It already works without the computer.

Really? So if i run the factory trigger where do the wires hook up to from the trigger?

Really? So if i run the factory trigger where do the wires hook up to from the trigger?

That all depends on what ignition you run. I can......and have made the crank sensor pass voltage right on the counter into a volt meter. No computer involved. They work regardless because all that's being done is passing a metal object by a magnet and creating a voltage spike. The computer has zero to do with that.

You will need to get the polarity correct and determine where the crank pickup needs to be connected to whatever ignition you have, but it will trigger it.

-
Back