How much differnce is 3" exhaust compared to 2 1/4?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
Other than 3/4" of course.

I hate to beat a dead horse to anyone who may be following...
but the free exhaust that I have, I've just measured to be 2 1/4". So for free I'm not going to complain. However I just does make me question how much better off I'd be with 3" exhaust if I had the choice? I do have a stroked 360 with headers.

Also, it has a H pipe. Does that really matter, or was it just some cool fad for awhile?

Alot of people will have alot of different opinions on this subject I think.

Ranging from which gives more back pressure and if its good or if its bad and so on.

2 and a 1/4 will do you just fine I would say and even more so since it was free LOL.

Idealy I think for your set up I would probably go 2.5 or 3.0 but 2.5 is probably what most guys would run but 2 and a 1/4 is not going to make it run like crap and if there is any loss compared to larger exhuast it will not be a huge loss...and anything is a gain compared to no exhaust right lol???..

as for the H pipe....they do add a bit of ponys and they tune in your ride a bit....I personally dont like x-pipes as I think they give a car to much of a tuned sound almost tuner car with a rumble i guess lol...but a nice H-pipe ads depth to the tone I think....sorry for rambeling and hope something I said helped!

-
Back