How to get 400 hp out of 1971 340 .30 over

-
It was this place I called. Read good things about his carbs. But his wife (I think) kept trying to steer me towards efi and for some reason wouldn’t just transfer me to talk to him.
She was kind enough but wasn’t helpful when I told her I wanted something more modern in carbs.
I’ve used Allstate for several different carb rebuilding kits and those two are great to deal with and knowledgeable.

Chuck Nuytten Carburetors - Home

Do you happen to know the venturi and throttle blade diameters of your carbs??
I got in touch with Jim at Allstate. He said Jarred is the expert on this carb and he wasn’t in today.
He did say the throttle blade dia is
1 9/16”, they are straight-leg annular boosters that they make there. The removable air bleeds are done there also.
As far as cfm, they test it through the carb itself. Sounds like they flow test it like a head or intake.
He didn’t know the venturi size offhand.
If you would like more specifics, call and ask for Jarred.
I know they have been involved with Andy Wood (Unity Motorsports Garage) with his carbs.

allstate carburetor - Google Search

Last edited:
I got in touch with Jim at Allstate. He said Jarred is the expert on this carb and he wasn’t in today.
He did say the throttle blade dia is
1 9/16”, they are straight leg annular boosters that the make there. The removable air bleeds is done there also.
As far as cfm, they test it through the carb itself. Sounds like they flow test it like a head or intake.
He didn’t know the venturi size offhand.
If you would like more specifics, call and ask for Jarred.
I know they have been involved with Andy Wood (Unity Motorsports Garage) with his carbs.

allstate carburetor - Google Search

I had forgotten they were making an annular booster like that. This is pretty cool.

I had forgotten they were making an annular booster like that. This is pretty cool.
The boosters look the same as the ones I installed in my 660’s. They sell the boosters and tools to install them yourself or they will install for you.

IMG_9877.png

IMG_9878.png

-
Back