Humidity and antifreeze

-

7duster4

Reaction score
My Duster leaks a small amount of antifreeze. I drove it last night and it had been sitting for one week. When I pulled it out I viewed what had leaked it was a milky substance. If I look beneath the car after a couple days of sitting I can see the green drops on the floor obviously being antifreeze. All of last week was extremely humid and lots of rain towards the end of the week. Outside was very muggy and misty. My question is would the humidity make the antifreeze expand and turn it almost white? My garage is a pool barn type of building apart from the house so it's just as hot if not hotter in there than outside. I just thought it was strange. The humid weatehr is the only thing I can think and anti-freeze is all the car has been leaking latley.

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

As long as your coolant in your radiator is green and clean and the oil on the dipstick is gold then you should be OK. Antifreeze that mixes with any oily substances will turn a milky white color. Im not sure if humidity would cause this

Older antifreeze will have what's called silicone drop out, because the a/freeze these days has a lot higher silicone content, when it starts seperating out it has a whiteish lookand will hang at the bottom of the radiator or block. This might be the color you are talking about

-
Back