hurst shifter rebuild

-

Reaction score
Hi All - Has anybody out there sent out there OEM hurst shifter for rebuild? were is the best price ? did it make a big improvement from your original? any input would be cool. Happy new year to all members.

I had a friend that sent his original out of his 69 Camaro.They rebuilt it and sent it back and he said it performed like NEW! He said the cost after shipping and all for his was around $150.00. I would give it a try If I was needing one rebuilt.Especially if you have the original to the car.Just to keep things original means a lot to some folks.

Brewers does it for $129. They send it back to Hurst to do it I believe. You can go on the Hurst website and download the application form. Price just went up from $99 about 5 months ago when B&M acquired Hurst.

I have done it but have yet to put it into my car. I have heard positive feedback from past threads.

Went to hurst website and downloaded form they now charge 250 dollars for a OEM shifter.

Was that 250 to rebuild or to buy a new mechanism? I have rebuilt 2 on my own and thought it wasn't that hard. You just don't get new parts. Thats shims and pins or the cover that goes on the bottom to protect from dirt.

-
Back