I don't recall the FABO member- but I traded an Offy dual quad for his Edelbrock Street Tunnel Ram

-

Michael Harrington

Reaction score
Back in 2018 ish I traded a brand new Offenhauser dual quad 273/318 intake manifold and some cash to a member here for his brand new Edelbrock 340 Street Tunnel Ram. If you are the gentleman I traded with could you please PM me here? Times have changed and Id like to offer to buy that manifold back. I did some forum searches going back years but didn't seem to find the member. Mike Harrington in Holland MI.

Here is a chance:

Screenshot_20230214-103243_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20230214-103210_Firefox.jpg

I thought You acquired an Eddy Street TR, and the Offy Dual-Quad You exchanged+cash was a non-TR???

Killer6- yes. I had a new unused Offenhauser LOW PROFILE 273/318 dual quad intake manifold. I traded that Offenhauser unit and some cash- to a member for his new unused Edelbrock 340 Street Tunnel Ram. If that member still has the Offenhause he got from me Id like to try and buy it back.

Hindsight is always 20/20.
I've seen a few come up for sale 'offy2x4LR'...most of the for the early heads. Almost picked one up until I realized the part# was for early 273. Funny was... I clearly informed the buyer what I'd put it on and he didn't pipe up to it being wrong for the app.
PAY ATTENTION .

The intake I traded off was for the 68 and newer LA bolt pattern. Im gonna do a 318 Magnum engine and the Offy will be my choice to scratch my nostalgic dual quad itch (Really only choice- DA66 edelbrocks are a grand or more and the ModMan is not good for a typical hot street build.) The Magnums intake ports are smaller than the LA340/360 intake ports and should literally be a good fit with the antiquated Offenhauser.

Just fyi the magnum and La heads have different bolt arrangement and manifolds do not interchange unless modified. The magnum bolts are vertical and the La head bolts are perpendicular to the intake face of the head. You can get around this with some drilling/tapping elongating holes etc.

I plant to have my Magnum heads drilled for LA pattern or purchase heads with the LA pattern. Its really a shame the aftermarket never mad a nice hot street dual quad manifold for the LA 340/360. Dual quads to me screams late 50s early 60s when the cars of the day did battle on the dragstrip- 409 Chevy, 413 Mopar, 421 Pontiac, 406 Ford and and Olds and Buick in there too!!!

-
Back