I set a new speed record today!

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
Very nice of you to take pictures to show others. Thanks.

when I'm putting the rocker shafts back on and that one lifter is up and and keeping the shaft from going on evenly do just keep tightening as even as i can til the shaft is down in its cradle and torque to 20 LB's ? It doesn't seem like the shaft would bend or anything ?

Yes. But don't tighten to 20. That's too tight. Go 15. Also be careful that you put the shafts on correctly. The passenger side shaft goes on with the notch on the end down and toward the rear of the engine. The driver's side goes on with the notch down and toward the front.

Yes. But don't tighten to 20. This is too tight. Go 15. Also be careful that you put the shafts on correctly. The passenger side shaft goes on with the notch on the end down and toward the rear of the engine. The driver's side goes on with the notch down and toward the front.

Thank you again ! I had only taken the drivers side off and never pulled the bolts out of the shaft and put it back that way. I just need to snug them so i can work on the oilpan side and all the stuff the machine shop forgot and didn't do. That will be under my next thread "machine shop nightmares"! (Stay tuned) i just checked they got the shafts correct.

Will do , but I blew the 2015 budget on the bottom end. Next year massive roller cam, roller lifters, aluminum heads, and spendy roller rockers :burnout:

Autozone has a 20% discount code going on right now till march 4th. The code is DRL1348 might be worth a look.

The Comps are really, really nice for sure. Some might say over kill. To me though, it's kinda like using a Dana 60 behind a slant six. It AIN'T gonna break. lol

-
Back