I think i found my problem, bad headers? What do you think.

-

streetdak

Reaction score
So, I've been doing all I can to try to get these headers to work, but the interference in the header tube and idler arm is much to great. I started doing some research online and comparing photos and I think my passenger side header is much out of whack. The header is labeled green in the photos and seems to ran much to low and not in uniform with the other 2 tubes. In the photo on summit's website things look to be much different, showing the green tube to be running parallel with the other 2 tubes (red and yellow).
Take a gander at the photos and let me know what you think.

idler1.jpg

headerproblem1b.jpg

headerproblem1a.jpg

summit1.jpg

topview.jpg

summit2.jpg

Im not sure what brand mine are because they came with motor,but the passenger side header hits the idler arm also on my 72 Duster

Im not sure what brand mine are because they came with motor,but the passenger side header hits the idler arm also on my 72 Duster

streetdak, i'm not a expert by any means but i have to agree with you on them looking diferent. is it possible to modify headers while in the car. such as heating up with a torch and bending them. im not sure if you bought them used put maybe the person before you did something to them.

any ways good luck in finding your answer to the problem.

-
Back