Identifying my Current 15 Inch Wheels - and thoughts about wheel replacements

-
Agreed, IF the o.p. converts to 4.5 bolt pattern. I believe he is still 5 on 4. The only torque thrust style 5 on 4 I know of are team III custom order (around $500 a wheel) and Boyd's 17x7 and 17x8.
Nope!
The bolt pattern is 5x4.5", front and rear.

If you stay with aftermarket wheels, the Torq Thrust type rims look great and you can get them in 14 or 15 with proper backspacing View attachment 1716250419
Hey Topless,
What are the specs on your Torque Thrusts?
Backspacing??? Offset???

I did a lot of research on the web, reading, and measuring yesterday.
I sat down and drew several pictures to illustrate what I have and what I want.
By my calculations, because of the springs n the inside only have 2 inches of clearance with the 10 inch tires that are bulging out of the wheel well......
I belive that I can only use a 9 inch tire (7 inch wheel); and need around 4 inches of offset; -6mm of backspacing.

I don’t have Torq Thrust wheels, I just thought they look good. I have staggered steelies, 14 front 15 rear with Plymouth poverty caps, and a set of ARE VN501 Magnum 500 style rims waiting to go on

Nope!
The bolt pattern is 5x4.5", front and rear.
My mistake. I just assumed you still had the small pattern. With 5 on 4.5, you probably have a thousand choices.
But you are still mixing up backspace and offset (post #28) But 4"backspace, or -6mm offset (if that offset moves most of the wheel toward the inside) should work good on a 15x7.
And I'm a huge fan of torque thrusts too. I have a pair of 15x7 tt2's on my 62 on the front. I can get you the backspace measurements if you want. (The one piece have a fixed bs, the two piece can be custom).

Last edited:
My mistake. I just assumed you still had the small pattern. With 5 on 4.5, you probably have a thousand choices.
But you are still mixing up backspace and offset (post #28) But 4"backspace, or -6mm offset (if that offset moves most of the wheel toward the inside) should work good on a 15x7.
And I'm a huge fan of torque thrusts too. I have a pair of 15x7 tt2's on my 62 on the front. I can get you the backspace measurements if you want. (The one piece have a fixed bs, the two piece can be custom).
Sure! Measure your backspacing.
That would be helpful.
Thx

Sure! Measure your backspacing.
That would be helpful.
Thx
Okay, got to it this morning. (All following are 5 on 4.5)
15x7 polished TT2 VN501 (Old style, 501 is now a different wheel, if I remember right) 3 3/4 bs
16x8 polished TT2 VN515 4 7/8 bs (with a 10x16 slick, fits beautifully on my 62 savoy)
Following are all 70s vintage wheels, with typical problems of the time:
15x7 200s daisy (ARE) 3 7/8 bs. Fits virtually anywhere with as much tire as you can put on a 7" rim.
15x8.5 200s daisy, and 15x8.5 Ansen prostock (straight spoke original tt lookalike), both with 3 1/2 backspace.
The vintage 8 1/2s are virtually worthless, unless you have a car with a full open wheelwell. They are so close to the fender, that a proper width tire for the rim width will rub, IF it can even be bolted on. So the choice is: way too small a tire, or set on a shelf. They are sitting on a shelf.
For reference, the offset for the 15x7 tt2 is 6.3mm, the offset for the 16x8 is 9.5mm
Plus or minus, I don't know, or care.

Okay, got to it this morning. (All following are 5 on 4.5)
15x7 polished TT2 VN501 (Old style, 501 is now a different wheel, if I remember right) 3 3/4 bs
16x8 polished TT2 VN515 4 7/8 bs (with a 10x16 slick, fits beautifully on my 62 savoy)
Following are all 70s vintage wheels, with typical problems of the time:
15x7 200s daisy (ARE) 3 7/8 bs. Fits virtually anywhere with as much tire as you can put on a 7" rim.
15x8.5 200s daisy, and 15x8.5 Ansen prostock (straight spoke original tt lookalike), both with 3 1/2 backspace.
The vintage 8 1/2s are virtually worthless, unless you have a car with a full open wheelwell. They are so close to the fender, that a proper width tire for the rim width will rub, IF it can even be bolted on. So the choice is: way too small a tire, or set on a shelf. They are sitting on a shelf.
For reference, the offset for the 15x7 tt2 is 6.3mm, the offset for the 16x8 is 9.5mm
Plus or minus, I don't know, or care.
Thanks

-
Back