In-line fuel pump mount locations

-

player1up

Reaction score
Post up your mounting locations with pics please. I'd planned on mounting mine either on the subframe connector or inside the wheel well on the passenger side, but not really sure I like it that close to the road or wheel...
Another option is right up almost to the sending unit, what do you guys think about that?
Where do you have yours? and although in tank would be good, I already have an in line pump, so in-line it is...

Here is mine if you can make it out. The pump (Holley 12-150) sits right up in the cavity where the old filler neck was on mine (62 B -Body). Mounted to a bracket I made up and bolted to the rear cross frame. What you can't quite see in the picture is that the pump inlet is a couple inches below the sump section of my fuel cell - which is really critical!!

SDC11804.jpg

Mount it as close to the tank as possible. It's a better pusher than a puller of the fuel.

Thanks for the input guys, I'll probably make some bracketry with a shield to keep water and rocks off of it. Now to find a safe sensible place...oh well, I like laying under the car thinking :)

-
Back