installing autometer air/fuel gauge

-

DusterBoy15

THE WISE(guy) MEMBER
Reaction score
ok so i am buying a air/fuel ratio gauge and a seperate single wire oxygen sensor to hook it up to. my question is the wire that read the signal for the gauge to get the reading... is that the wire i hook up to the one wire on the sensor??

o and were should i place the sensor at?

I bought a similar gauge awhile back and had no luck. After readings some stuff on O2 sensors the cheap ones only read from 13-14.7 which my car doesn't even run in that range. I borrowed a LM1 from a friend and dialed the carb in and then gave it back. Also I'm not sure what you mean about the tach. Mine didn't have anything to do with the tach and really can't see why it would. It had 3 wires...one for the lights, one for the O2 sensor and a ground that had to be within a foot of the O2 sensor.

I placed the sensor about 6 inches from the collector. One last thing any exhaust leaks with throw the readings off if they are before the O2 sensor.

yea, unless you get a wideband o2 sensor (like a lm-1), you're really wasting your time & money. it wont help you tune.

ok DAM IT haha good thing i dident get it.... but what gauges should i get

oil pressure water temp trans temp

i need 2 more oil temp? egt? head temp? fuel pressure?

Get Oil pressure, water temp, fuel level and volts. For the normal street car, thats all you need. I run a fuel pressure gauge, however only bought it when i was having fuel starvation issues.

last3.jpg

last2.jpg

i have oil pressure amp water temp trans temp

so i think im going to get oil temp and maybe one more and ill show you how i mounted them later its koo

haha nooo the water temp and amp and oil pressure are mini gauges, i put them were the ash tray was so its not bad haha i promise

-
Back