Introduction

-

SC2Scar

Reaction score
Heya guys, Just figured I'd introduce myself here. I'm a 21 year old student looking for advice on restoring a classic car with my brother and father. Seems like this would be a really great community to get some help with that dream! Anyway there's not exactly a lot of dodges available in the Netherlands, especially not the classic chevelles, chargers or challengers but I did find this 1971 Dart that I think is pretty cool. Here's the ad: http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-s/dodge/m632062311-dodge-dart-1971.html

I'm looking to make the car drivable mostly and make it atleast a little presentable but I'm not looking to make it a showroom model, it will be driven. All 3 of us don't have a lot of mechanical experience but I did manage to find some service manuals already. Do you think I could fix up this car without getting in way too deep?

welcome! Best wishes on your new adventure man! Ill be brutal here though, fixing up an older car....there is no such thing as "not getting in too deep" face it, you will go to fix one thing, and end up finding 5 other things that need attention, and that trip to the auto parts store or online shopping for a 5 dollar part, turns into a "oh hey i need this too" deal, hundreds of dollars later, you realize you need MORE stuff.... Before you know it, an intake swap turns into a top end rebuild, a wheel cylinder replacement turns into a complete brake job, a tie rod end replacement turns into a front end rebuild.....been there broke that! At anyrate, best of luck and above all, enjoy it!

Thanks and yeah I know this I'll probably run into one problem after another but atleast the buyer told me it runs in the summer/winter so atleast there's that. I just want it running safely and do most of the restoring but a final paintjob and maybe some platework. Is there any premade platework for a model like the one I linked? Also I feel like I should take this or make another thread, or can this be a proper venue to ask questions as a real beginner? Since I haven't bought the car yet I don't have any specific questions yet.

-
Back