Is the carburetor supposed to be level?

-
I'm betting motor mounts.
Give it gas in gear while holding the brakes.
Give it gas, let off, give it gas and I'll betcha the motor lifts and drops about two inches on the drivers side.

if its running then the carb cant be on crooked. remember they call it a slant for a reason lol

thats a super clean little dart you got there. if its running and driving fine , i wouldnt worry about it. it may be the air cleaner thats a little off. i would be a little more worried about the plastic filter you have so close to the manifold. that could be part of your hot fuel vapor lock issue

They don't melt do they? The part guy said it won't.
ohhhh yes they can .... i have seen it. horror stories. i use one too , but i keep it way away from anything hot. 99% of those parts guys dont have first hand experience. if you must keep your line right there, get you a good metal filter. there are threads here on re-routing your fuel line to keep it away from the direct heat, i will see if i can find one.

thats a super clean little dart you got there. if its running and driving fine , i wouldnt worry about it. it may be the air cleaner thats a little off. i would be a little more worried about the plastic filter you have so close to the manifold. that could be part of your hot fuel vapor lock issue

They don't melt do they? The part guy said it won't.

Fire possibility.... Yes. Heat from the manifold could cause the fuel to boil and cause the car to stall or to be hard to start after just stopping.

Wow, that took to long! Remind me to get a new camera!!! :burnout:

yeh, yeh, yeh make fun of the newbie. lol

The carb gasket shots show (or not) that I used two gaskets to get carb a little higher for mixture and shut down vapour problem.
lmao there not making fun of newbie LOL They do it rto me and ive been here longer then some of them lmao Its all in good fun good luck man :cheers:

-
Back