It went in briefly

-

kb67mopar

Reaction score
I managed to get the engine in the Coronet today. Just thought you guys would be interested in photos. I had to pull it back out to burn in the mounts and gusset them but I ran out of gas. So it waits patiently for its return.

I like how it turned out so far. The oil pan cleared (barely) and I don't need any changes to the oil filter or location. The only potential problem will be the front drivers exhaust tube when I build my header...but its doable.

View attachment 0527120812.jpg

View attachment 0527120824.jpg

View attachment 0527120833.jpg

View attachment 0527120858.jpg

View attachment 0527120859.jpg

View attachment 0527121419.jpg

View attachment 0527121419a.jpg

View attachment 0525121944.jpg

View attachment 0518122151a.jpg

When you drop the motor back in, turn the wheels and look at the center link. You'll find that it swings up turning the wheels left and it may hit, according to the pic you posted.

I thought it maybe a problem as well , hope 'not' you've put alot of work into that sump.

If it does no big deal. I will just notch it. As it is I am putting the engine back in after I finish the mounts to check out fitment and then pull the engine and trans back out. So I can make any changes then.

Its been a while coming but I have had so much other stuff going on this spring its hard to keep up.

I just want to be clear on this.

1. You've made/modified your own engine mounts?
2. You've made/modified your own oil pan?
3. You're going to make your own headers?

If the answer is yes to all three, your f-ing awesome. Going back to hot-rodding roots. Very impressed.

Just curious, what are your plans for fuel and spark?

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Just a tip you probably already know, Make sure you test your pan for leaks. First time I modified a pan(adding a oil temp bung) I had a ton of air bubbles in the weld which let oil leak.

I just want to be clear on this.

1. You've made/modified your own engine mounts?
2. You've made/modified your own oil pan?
3. You're going to make your own headers?

If the answer is yes to all three, your f-ing awesome. Going back to hot-rodding roots. Very impressed.

Just curious, what are your plans for fuel and spark?

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Yes to all three and thanks. It is a lot of labor this way but when you don't have cash its the way you have to go. So far between the engine mounts and trans I have about $35 into the mounts.

Fuel I am going to cut open the stock tank, add baffles and run an in-tank pump from a durango (got it for free) heading to a corvette filter/regulator.

Spark I have a hotwire auto harness I got a really good deal on ($650 total for the harness and getting my computer flashed compared to $400 for a stock harness was the only one i had found.). I had planned to modify my own but couldn't get my hands on a stock harness to modify.

As for the oil pan leak test, I did test it with water so far and welded the seam on the inside and outside. No leaks yet. Actually I am more worried about the pan rail leaking since it did get warped a little from the welding/adjusting. At the very least I can run the pan for a while until I save enough to buy another if it leaks.

the title of this thread is like my sex life since I turned 45--

Thanks Joe--It means a lot coming from your engineering mind !!!!!!! Steve

-
Back