It's alive!

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
Yup, that '99 Silhoutte that needed the engine is done.

Now I just need to get that POS Stratus out of my hair....

drop it out the bottem/ 3.4 liter my friend bolted his wheel doleys to a skidd. we lower k frame on skidd then pull it up from under and replace. what does the status need?

drop it out the bottem/ 3.4 liter my friend bolted his wheel doleys to a skidd. we lower k frame on skidd then pull it up from under and replace. what does the status need?

Pulled it out the top. The heads were shot from the cam breaking. They were off anyway to diag the issue, so pulled the short block, dropped in another, put good heads on it and then played jigsaw puzzle with the wiring, vacuum lines, alt bolts, etc.

When I work on these vans (Did a set of head gaskets on one like it back at Christmas.) it reminds me why I don't work at a GM garage. I mean come on! Why is the alternator that freaking hard to get to?

The Stratus needs a PCM... but getting the right one and getting it reflashed...seems to be a chore convincing the guy I'm working with that yes, that's the problem. Having a hard time getting him to listen to me and not his ASE "master" friend who came up today with his SOLUS and just told him the exact same thing I've been telling him now for a week. Crank good, cam good, ASD good, no signal from the PCM for the coil driver.

His ASE "master" friend who works at a Subaru shop, who has never seen a DRB in his life.

Good job Robert!

Thanks, Tony. I would have had it done yesterday, but the power went out for the whole town when a truck driver pulling into the local Mack garage decided that he had plenty of room to make the turn and knocked down a pole.

Robert,

Wonderful news. I hope it ran real strong and lasts for a long time! Kim

It runs strong. I put about ten miles on it in the shakedown. But gave her a little friendly advice: the short block only has a limited warranty on it. It's got less miles on it than her previous one did, but it might be time to start thinking about getting a "for sale" sign and looking for something with a little less history to it.

Good job Ramenth, I hope it lasts for her long enough to get everything done that she needs. I'm sure if the short block was in descent shape she should have no worries for a while considering that you did the job:cheers::cheers:

It runs strong. I put about ten miles on it in the shakedown. But gave her a little friendly advice: the short block only has a limited warranty on it. It's got less miles on it than her previous one did, but it might be time to start thinking about getting a "for sale" sign and looking for something with a little less history to it.

Robert,
You are a good man! Hope you get to enjoy your weekend.

-
Back