Kick Down Linkage

-

swingingdart

Reaction score
I put my two barrel 904 kickdown linkage on what is now a four barrel 727 setup. what is te difference between this and a four barrel linkage set? it seems short on the top two rods, and long on the bottom rod. help??

The top rod is shaped differently. A four barrel carb is taller and wider then a 2-barrel. You can modify the rod and make an extension for it...or you can buy the correct pieces. My modified upper rod is at the zinc platers right now, otherwise I'd post a picture of the difference.

All three rods including the throttle bracket are different and have different part numbers from 904 2-bbl to 727 4-bbl as well as the lower bell crank and the valve body lever. Also if you are using non original carb/intake even the stock factory 4bbl throttle bracket and carb rod may not work correctly and need to be modified...I have the correct factory 727 4-bbl pieces PM me if interested

I put my two barrel 904 kickdown linkage on what is now a four barrel 727 setup. what is te difference between this and a four barrel linkage set? it seems short on the top two rods, and long on the bottom rod. help??

-
Back