Leaky Tire

-

MuuMuu101

Reaction score
I have a brand new Hancook 205/75/14 tire on my sbp steelies on my '68 Dart. I walked into the garage this morning and I found it flat. I don't believe it was yesterday. I jacked the car up, dismounted the wheel, and used my portable air compressor to start filling it up. Anyways, it seems I've developed a leak on the valve that fills the tire up. I didn't see or hear any additional punctures and the tire seemed to be seated properly. Is there any good ways to fix this or am I going to need to buy a new wheel? I've only put about a couple hundred miles on these tires.

The valve stem can be replaced easily, no mater what kind it is.
rubber, rubber/steel, chrome steel doesn't matter.

The valve stem can be replaced easily, no mater what kind it is.
rubber, rubber/steel, chrome steel doesn't matter.

Sweet, would that be a local auto parts store ordeal? I'm still learning so what kind of tools/labor is involved?

any garage should be able to do it. Who put your new tires on - did they replace the stems? I'd take it back to them and might not cost you anything if they like to keep customers...

Over thinking will drive you mad. You have a flat tire. Millions of people have had a flat tire.

When you have a flat, you take the tire to a tire shop and say "Fix it".

Done.

Sweet, would that be a local auto parts store ordeal? I'm still learning so what kind of tools/labor is involved?

I had one start leaking awile back and it cost me 6 bucks to get it replaced.
My normal tire shop will do them free if I carry the wheel in.

They just unseat the tire, pull the old one out, and pull a new one in.
(You'll see why I said "pull" a new one in.)

Maybe the valve stem is just loose. go to a parts store and get a valve stem remover (should be like $5) and tighten it yourself and see if that works.

The valves just screw into the stem.

Maybe the valve stem is just loose. go to a parts store and get a valve stem remover (should be like $5) and tighten it yourself and see if that works.

The valves just screw into the stem.

I may be wrong but I was under the impression it was the stem itself.

-
Back