Locating #'s and IDing a transmission

-

19Valiant69

Reaction score
When I bought my Valiant, she came with a ton of parts. I just started going throught them all and started with the "spare" Transmission. Bellhousing looks right, I think its an automatic four speed, but I need help locating numbers and I dentifying it. Anything you folks can tell me would be great.

Thanks

It won't be an automatic 4-speed. If it's an automatic, it'll be a 3-speed. Find the numbers stamped on the driver's side of the trans pan rail and report them here.

PK3743421 4682 4656

These are the numbers I pulled, looks like it came from a newer model. Would it fit a 225 if it were an auto 4 speed?

pk3743421 4682 4656 are the numbers pulled. What I found was that it is a 904 torque flight. correct?

3743 421 is a 1974 slant-6 standard-duty A904. It is still a 3-speed, not a 4-speed, automatic transmission. Will fit and work behind any '68-up slant-6 engine.

Your tranny was built on may 23 1974 as a standard duty unit,on the night shift,and was the 4656 unit built at that plant,the plant was kokomo plant.If you want the two people names that built it,I have that too,mrmopartech

Thanks guys thats great. Mrmopar, more info than I could have asked for.

Next question, whats the difference between what I have running now compared to whats in my basement?

Don't mean to hi jack the thread just a quick question. 69 A-108 with a slant six and automatic, it looks to me like a 727 but I wasn't sure if they actually built a 727 for a slant? Im getting ready to rebuild this thing and need to be sure. Thanks guys! And sorry for the hi jack.

-
Back