Lokar kickdown Help.

-

RobbAdams

Reaction score
These instructions make no sense to me, the diagrams are useless!

I am trying to figure out how to hook up my 904 and Carter BBD to my lokar cable.

Robb

Here's the bracket I adapted for mine.

throttle cable3c.jpg

I know, the cartoon they sent for the install is a joke. I called them and told them so, they said they are slowly redoing the diagrams. The pic in the upper post shows that all you really need to do is install the end of the lokar in a stationary position, using brackets and your imagination. The kit should have come with two small brackets, one has a bit of a twist or bend in it. That is the one that is attached to the trans using one of the tailshaft bolts, one of the posts attaches to the kickdown lever( the post with the ball). Hell if I know what the other bracket is for, possibly to attach to the throttle to get the correct amount of movement for the other end of the cable. Hope you can decipher this. As much of a pain in the *** this seems, I still found it easier than trying to make the rod linkage work, I only had the one barrel linkage to work with though.

I'll try to get a couple of pix for you this weekend.

Also, here's a quote from a thread that really brought it all to light for me:

First time users of the Lolar kickdown cable should be aware that since the cable is mounted below the carb and moves foward when you press down on the gas, requires the cable at the tranny end be routed from the rear in order to pull back on the kick down lever. This set up throws off a lot of users because it is somewhat backwards to the stock rod/linkage setup.

Here's a couple of moparts threads that I found useful

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads...58&Words=lokar&topic=&Search=true#Post3547048

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads...74&Words=lokar&topic=&Search=true#Post3315207

HELP..... i am lost with hooking up a lokar acceleratorcable/kickdown cable to my slant. there is a rod coming up from the tranny. any pics and suggestione for brackets will be greatly appreciated. thnx all

-
Back