looked at a 73 Dart today

-

jomoper

Mope or Nope
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Car looks real good ! All original 1 Owner !
got a couple of concerns though hopefully someone can answer a couple of questions.
Below the doors there is a ridge where the rear quarter panel overlaps the rockers ? Did chrysler eliminate the lead on the seams in 73 ? Or did somebody at the factory goof ?At first I thought maybe it was a poor repair but it's the same on both sides .I know my 72' has lead there to smooth the seam.
Also would a 73' with front Drum brakes have the same upper a-arms as a car with discs =( large ball joint ) ?
Any help/comments appreciated ,Thanks !

The seam is factory and they did not worry so much about how it looked.

And no, the upper control arms are different between the small bolt pattern drum brakes and the large bolt pattern disc brake cars.

Hope that helps.

Thanks alot yellowdartdave !:cheers:
I suspected it was factory just never looked that close at the 73 + cars .
Me thinks there's gonna be another Dart in the Garage !

The uppers should be the large ball joint on a 73.

Only time it may not on a 73+ car is if it had a set of 9" front brakes. 10" had the BBJ like the disc cars.

GTXperience Joe, are there any pics? Besides being a single owner car, what condition is it in?

Ben car seems in real good condition some medium sized dents along both sides and only a single spot of rust through in the corner right in front of the D/S rear wheel .The quarters though dented look incredibly solid !Bumpers show none of the typical dings maybe because of those rubber bumpers .
Had to stifle a gasp when I looked in the spare tire well It's clean ! Only very light surface rust.I thought it was gonna be a mess as car was sitting in a field .and apparently was sitting under an oak tree until recently .
Must have been garaged there's also a car cover in the trunk .
If I have a chance to go back soon I'll take My camera and tape measure .
Rob Forgot to pull a hub cap and check BP #-o Hard to see but the drums looked like they had cooling ribs I'd think they'd be 10"
I already got the go-ahead from my better half to buy it so I gotta figure how to get it home it's about a 100+ miles from our house . :-D
Thanks for your input everyone I appreciate it !

GTXperience Joe, any chance of driving it home (perhaps with a little work)? Where is it located?
Car is outside of Sac. has been non-opped since about 05' has not ran in I don't now how many years.Also was told the last time it was driven the brakes were shot, looked like the M/C had been leaking around the firewall.
Plus the tires are rotted . So I would not even attempt it . After My experience driving home My 72'. I swore if I ever bought another project car I'd just pay for a flatbed rather than risk it.

Car is outside of Sac. has been non-opped since about 05' has not ran in I don't now how many years.Also was told the last time it was driven the brakes were shot, looked like the M/C had been leaking around the firewall.
Plus the tires are rotted . So I would not even attempt it . After My experience driving home My 72'. I swore if I ever bought another project car I'd just pay for a flatbed rather than risk it.

Do you have AAA Plus? Works all the time.

-
Back