Looking for my Demon

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sold my 72 Dodge Demon 9 years ago in Hillsboro, Mo. I bought it in 1984 when I was 16 years old...my first car. The guy I sold it to supposedly traded it for another car to someone in the K.C. area two weeks later....this after he agreed to give me first chance to buy it back if he ever decided to get rid of it. The Demon was painted Plum Crazy but was an original B5 blue car. It had a 71 fender on the drivers side and had the twin hood scoops. At the time I sold it, it had a little damage to the drivers side rear taillight panel. Black interior (bucket seats)....center console, 318 ..automatic trans...
I know it's a long shot, but would really love to find it.
Thanks,
John

Do you have the VIN or the license plate no? Since it was a few years ago, maybe your insurance company or the DMV could get you the vin from past records?

Anyway, if you have the VIN or lic no. call a private investigator and have him get you the DMV registration records of the last 5 owners. You will most likely get names and zip codes, possibly addresses. Google the heck out the last owner.

My 70 swinger was sold at an auto auction in 2004 (long story) and I reunited with it 2 years ago. I used the above method after cleaning an old file cabinet and coming across the registration from 2003!

Good luck on your search. CL can be your friend also, especially if there are pics. :)

Thanks, KK....! I would post pics, but not sure how. I've torn my house apart looking for anything showing the VIN. I called the insurance company that last insured it, but they only have records that go back so far...Last time it was insured was 1990/91. I called a local radio show here in St. Louis recently because they were talking about and having people call in about their "first cars" ..After I called with my story, the producer called me back and said they would like to feature my car and story and track it down for me...but I need the VIN..!! I'll post pix as soon as I figure out how...

Thanks, KK....! I would post pics, but not sure how. I've torn my house apart looking for anything showing the VIN. I called the insurance company that last insured it, but they only have records that go back so far...Last time it was insured was 1990/91. I called a local radio show here in St. Louis recently because they were talking about and having people call in about their "first cars" ..After I called with my story, the producer called me back and said they would like to feature my car and story and track it down for me...but I need the VIN..!! I'll post pix as soon as I figure out how...

OK, I would call the DMV. Tell them you are trying to track down a vin of a car you used to own. Make sure you be really nice. :) They should tell you, because you owned it at one time. If you have pictures, the licence plate might lead to the Vin.

Good luck, these stories are the best. Every time I tell mine, people are blown away.

-
Back