lucas oil top alcohol drag boats

-

swifter

Reaction score
Man-i never knew that they had top alcohol drag boats,I was just flipping thru the channels and caught it,WOW anyone seen this in person????? Talk about power !!!!!! That was cool--Steve

Yeah. Purdy much anything done on pavement has a match in the water.

I saw one up close a few weeks ago on a lowboy traveling down 101. I couldn't believe how BIG it was. It had to be hauled tilted at a 45 degree angle in order to go down the road. It must have been close to the max height as well. Impressive to say the least when you see the speeds they can hit in a matter of seconds.

Wife's uncle had a drag boat and there is an older guy that was friends with him that held many records with his drag boat

Very fast and dangerous

Mav TV ? If so,cool channel. Off road racing,World of Outlaws,drag boats.Cool stuff.Tonight was snowmobile reading ,from Duluth MN.

There are also Top Fuel drag boats which go a lot faster than the alcohol boats. About 15-20 years back the driver sat out in the open, hanging on for dear life, too many people died that way. Now they're in a capsule that will protect them if the boat comes apart from flipping.

There are also Top Fuel drag boats which go a lot faster than the alcohol boats. About 15-20 years back the driver sat out in the open, hanging on for dear life, too many people died that way. Now they're in a capsule that will protect them if the boat comes apart from flipping.

and flip they do, not much left of the boat when they do.

Those capsules do save lives.....I think the guy that invented them died in one though :sad8:

Fast on the water (scary) is completely different than fast on land. Been to the drag boat races a couple of times and prefer the NHRA instead, but it is cool to watch 8)

-
Back