lunati 60403 cam + air conditioning?

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone is using the hydraulic lunati 60403 cam as well as factory air conditioning or aftermarket air conditioning with it? I am planning on switching from my XE284 to this cam in my 360 to help with overall drivability, and have a better idle and vacuum for the air conditioning and overall engine to run better on the street. Anyone have a similar combo running air conditioning? I want to use this cam because it seems like a good performance cam and also will allow me to run all my accessories with no issues.

Initial timing setting on your current set up? The 284 is getting up there in the harder to idle category.

The 403 voodoo is a pretty mellow cam when the ignition settings are correct. Usually no issue with vacuum or AC

I know some people don't like them but what about using Rhoads lifters on your xe284?

Timing is 18* initial, yeah that's what I was thinking that the cam would give me better drivability for the overall package. I love the idle I have now but kinda am over it, and want a more street friendly driver. This is in an auto car, and I am converting it to more of a driver so I think I would rather just swap the cam instead of use the rhoads lifters.

Makes sense to me! the voodoo 268 is a good cam, You should also check out howard cams. They are a little more aggressive than the lunati cams, so you need good valve springs. http://www.howardscams.com/

Fuel inject it. With a good system and proper tuning, idle and other manners are great.

Some say idle is tough with wild cam and EFI, that is an old wives' tale.

Add a throttle bump up solenoid and wire it up to the compressor clutch circuit. When the compressor is engaged the rpms get bumped up a little while at idle.
You can also replace that old V2 compressor with a new style scroll (Sanden) compressor. They don't put such a big load on the motor.

Anyone have any experience with Howards cams and run ac or power brakes, power steering, and ac? I just sent howards cams a cam recommendation form for the hell of it.

-
Back