Machine Shop So. Il.

-

cudaj380

Reaction score
Anybody know of a good mopar machine shop
or a machine that could be trusted to do a Mopar.
I live in Jerseyville about 45 miles from St.Louis,Mo.
Thanks

Yeah. Precision in Collinsville which I think is about 20-30 miles south of you. His name is Don and # is 618-288-3779. He's a Mopar guy and knows his stuff. His mid 9 second Duster shows it. Reasonable prices too. His shop is small but he has mostly modern equip. The only bad thing is he's not real fast sometimes cause he usually works alone and gets backed up at times. You can usually figure if you take a engine in for the full treatment it'll take 2 weeks.

I hear there's a good one up in Springfield also but I don't know who they are. What ever you do don't take it to McKay's NAPA (I think you have one their in J-ville). I took my engine there the first time because I didn't know about Don and they screwed it all up. They also screwed up a 454 crank for a buddy of mine.

Thanks Fishy, save me a trip up north.
I will check him out. I have a spare 383
and 400. I will probably put the 383 crank
into the 400.
Thanks again,
cudaj

Another one is near Salem IL; south of St. Louis. Performance Plus, its a small shop but Martin is a top notch Mopar engine builder and knows his stuff. Reasonable prices too. (618 ) 322-7587/88 if you call tell him "Lenny" referred you.

Another one is near Salem IL; south of St. Louis. Performance Plus, its a small shop but Martin is a top notch Mopar engine builder and knows his stuff. Reasonable prices too. (618 ) 322-7587/88 if you call tell him "Lenny" referred you.

Hey Lenny are you sure about that being Salem IL? Salem is just north of Centralia? If so that's not south of St. Louis. It's about 2 hrs. east of St. Louis. I used to go past Salem on my way to Centralia on service calls when I worked for Hyster.

Okay I ran a yahoo map and Fishy is correct
it is east of St. Louis. From Jerseyville it is 107 miles and
Collinsville is 44 miles. Thanks everyone for the
info, I was about to go to Morton up north which
is quite a bit farther from either location.
Cudaj380

I've used triple r machine shop in quincy. They did a really nice job on my 455 for my formula, and I know several people who have taken some high dollar stuff there and were happy wih the work.

Okay I ran a yahoo map and Fishy is correct
it is east of St. Louis. From Jerseyville it is 107 miles and
Collinsville is 44 miles. Thanks everyone for the
info, I was about to go to Morton up north which
is quite a bit farther from either location.
Cudaj380

I made a mistake in saying it is in Collinsville. It's actually in Maryville. It's the town just north of Collinsville so the mileage would be close. Since he's on the very north end of Maryville right off of 270 it would knock off about 4 miles. Still farther than I thought. Dude your REALLY out in the weeds!! LOL

Hughes engines in Washington, IL. Not sure how far north of you that is, but it's quite the haul south from me.

I have decided on Don at Precision doing all the
work and he can do everything I need for about $250
less then my other choice. Don is really nice and
spent alot of time with me on the phone.
In case anybody else needs parts he will match
or beat Jegs or Summits prices on most all parts.
Thanks to all you guys that have responded.
cudaj

I have decided on Don at Precision doing all the
work and he can do everything I need for about $250
less then my other choice. Don is really nice and
spent alot of time with me on the phone.
In case anybody else needs parts he will match
or beat Jegs or Summits prices on most all parts.
Thanks to all you guys that have responded.
cudaj

Glad to hear your giving Don the business. He is a good guy. I met him about 3 yrs. ago and he allways takes good care of me. And the best part is his prices are great. Like you said he meets Summit or Jegs prices.

-
Back