magnum belt accesory and LA belt accesory

-

Muscley MOPAR

Reaction score
i have a magnum water pump on a magnum front cover and magnum block with la heads and intake etc, and am running all magnum front belt drive accesories lie alt. pwr steering the crank pulley belt tensioner and idler pulley. my question is i that will the magnum water pump im running work the same way? i know that it spins backwards but it still pushes it into thee block and as far as i can understand it does the same thing as a la pump. i dont see any reason why it wouldnt work they both move coolant the same direction

i found this article and this guy is asking the same question mine is just reverse of his (a la water pump onto a magnum)

(right click go to link)
http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/76274-pre-mag-vs-magnum-water-pumps/

You need to run the Magnum water pump with the Magnum front end accessories. The fins are reversed and it won't pump in reverse.

yep thats what i got all the mag. acces. and brackets just thought id double check, cause my belt is flying off when i start the motor but theres some custom brackets that i made to change the routing that could probalby be my issue

-
Back