magnum cam and valvetrain upgrade

-

7dart0

Reaction score
I want to upgrade the cam, valve springs, and maybe rockers in my 360 magnum. I bought the longblock used and the previous owner said he put a cam in it but couldn't remember what. The cars been great, got it to do 12.8 @ 105 mph in the quarter mile. The motor does have stock valve springs which i also want to upgrade. What do you guys recommend without disturbing the heads as far as upgrades?

70 dart full steel body, TTI ceramic step headers, eddy air gap, holley 670,manual steering, manual brakes, A904 W/2800 stall,3:55 and a locker.

I would like to keep the redline around 6000 RPM.

If that Holley 670 is a street avenger, it's got the same throttle bore diameter and venturi sizes as a 600 1850 Holley. If you're looking to make the car faster in the 1/4 mi and upgrading the cam, you may want to step up the carb as well.

I would get the springs and retainers from hughes or magnummopar (a member here). I bet either of those two would be a big help with what you want to do.

magnumopar has the retainers that allow more lift without having to cut seats or guides, and the rocker type are a common design to Chevy so there are a lot of choices without spending a ton of cash.
Hughes also has them as already mentioned but I would rather we support a member here than a worldwide seller.

I plan on going to 750 double pump carb. I'm also down to support a member here as well if you there part numbers.

I'm finally starting to look at a cam upgrade. I'd like to use magnum mopar, but I am confussed about one thing. There stage 2 cam, and good springs, say that valve guides need cut? Is this true even with there retainers?

Yes i hope someone chimes in although i did send an inquiry about that.

Would like to buy a cam/spring and retainers and bolt it all up without pulling heads/machine work if poasible.

Well hopefully magnum mopar will chime in. I am assuming they need cut though because I think I have seen that somewhere else already.

This is the cam card for a stage 2 regrind. Says above it...STOCK HEADS WILL NEED VALVE GUIDES CUT.

But, im wondering if thats true when using there retainers?

magnum-mopar-stage-2-cam-card.png

-
Back