Magnum cam regrind opinions

-

subcom

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to Ken over at Oregoncamshaft.com. Super nice and helpful guy.
I was looking for something with a power band in the 2000-6000 RPM range for my build. Ken recommended his grind part# 1357, with these specs below and I wanted to know if anybody else has done a similar type grind for their magnum, maybe using Oregon camshaft as well?

Regrind specs;
RPM Range- 2200-6000
230/236
Lift w/ factory 1.6 rockers ~ .515
LSA= 110 or 112. He recommended the 112 for a broader power band, more mild idle.
Note: He says he can do a little hotter cam reaching up into .570 lift range but it sounded too radical for my goals. $117 bucks for the regrind : )

I'm building a 5.9 Magnum very similar in specs to LXGuy's recipe; Stock bottom end, EQ stock replacement heads from Hughes with the 1110 valve springs, Eddy RPM Air gap, 750 carb.

Goal is a hot street/strip combo going into my early A, with a 727 rev manual valve body, 8 3/4 with 4.30 gears. Torque converter TBD. Our local track is 1/8 Mile.

Thanks for any feedback.

I had them grind a cam for a 5.2 magnum I put together awhile back. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Your Definatly going to need some longer pushrods though, I had to go with special length (.050 longer) comp ones that were on the pricey side. Adjustibe rockers would also be a good idea.

-
Back