magnum head help

-

jdsduster

Reaction score
im no mechanic,parts changer.im wanting to put on a pair of magnum heads from imm engines(brian)on my 360 magnum.i have a few questions,do i need roller rockers or can i use my stock rockers and pushrods?i have a hughes 1828 (228/544) cam in it now,that i want to keep.i also have a rpm airgap.what else do i need to know when i bolt these on?ive heard things like coil bind, installed height?do i just put on my rockers and pushrods and bolt it on?like i sain ive never rebuilt an engine,just a parts changer.please walk me through this if you have time and dont mind.thank you

Call Brian,or Pm here.(handle 0U812). Brian can handle all questions, he's really cool about that. The intake manifold may affect the head choice. Is your air gap,LA or Magnum bolt pattern. If it's LA,he may go EQ's. If Magnum,the RHS are his choice. (usually) Contact him.

Call Brian,or Pm here.(handle 0U812). Brian can handle all questions, he's really cool about that. The intake manifold may affect the head choice. Is your air gap,LA or Magnum bolt pattern. If it's LA,he may go EQ's. If Magnum,the RHS are his choice. (usually) Contact him.

its a magnum engine with magnum intake,and yes the heads are comming from brian.i just want to know if this is a bolt on heads with the magnum rockers and pushrods a have now

The stock rockers and pushrods are compatible with the heads, and work pretty well.

You should verify that the springs he sends will work for that cam, but it will probably be fine. I ran a cam with very similar lift/duration with the EQ heads.

Having been there, done that, I would get the heads machined for good springs when you order them. There are very few choices for these heads out of the box, and pulling them basically sucks.

Cheers,
Steve

-
Back