Max Wedge Heads ??

-

Small Block

Reaction score
I'm not real sure of the physical differeence in the heads for a 413 62 model heads. The compression varied depending on the motor. One was 13.5 and the other was 11. Does any of you know where one could see a pic of heads in question lying side by side, top and bottom so that i might become better educated before i start spending my money on something that isn't the real thing. Thanks for the help guys and gals.

The two different max motors used the same heads. The 13.5 motor just had bigger domes on the pistons. One way to guarantee if the heads are max wedges is the max wedge heads did NOT have a heat crossover passage on the intake face. No other BB mopar iron heads were made this way. Some heads (1962) had only 4 valve cover bolt holes.

Duster don got it right and missed 1 item,the max wedge heads have no racker shaft pedastills,as these come off when you remove the rocker shafts.I have a set,and Bobby joseph has a few sets,so how much do you have to spend for them?mrmopartech

How much do i have to spend?

That depends on wheather you ask me or the wife. I see high prices on ebay but i'll keep watching for a while. What have you got and what would be your asking price? My builder thinks the way to go would be to buy some of the after market heads that would create a lot more power unless i was doing a #s correct resto which i probably won't, then you may get something that is cracked and just a piece of junk. Let me know something. Thanks

(this is some of the stuff I'm working on forgetting)
I think the Stage 3 heads had cast in rocker shaft stands.....but like I said....

I did some checking. Stage 3 heads had the rocker shaft towers cast in them, and had 6 bolt valve covers instead of the 4 like Stage 1 & 2

Is that the horse shoe looking opening on the intake side of the head? You say the real 62 max heads did not have these? So there was no opening there ? Check these out on ebay at item # 310062960036. These do have the opening so these are not the ones i'm looking for. You guys say you have a few sets? Let's see pics please. Thanks guys for your continued help. I don't know why i go by Small Block?

No. those are just 67 440 closed chamber heads

68: Thanks. Now were getting somewhere. I don't see the passage on those. I do see that the rocker towers are not cast into the head. The plug holes are in the side of the cylinder. What are the #s on that head? Is there a date on them? Thanks guys. I'll check back tonite.

Not to sound like an ***, but it only took me about 5 minutes to dig up those pics off the internet last night.

Go here: http://racehemi.maxwedge.com/topics/heads.php

It has pics and info on all the Max Wedge heads. And like my edited post above, the Stage 3 heads have the rocker shaft stands cast in along with 6 bolt covers instead of only 4.

68Sedan: I don't think your an ***. Your an ***...et here at FABO. Good find. Computers is not my field of expertise, but i wont apoligize. The help i greatly appreciated. That's a great site. Thanks so much. Good to have guys like you around. Glad your here.

Awww dude...you're gonna make me blush.

I have all that info in hard copies, cause I was really in to Maxi's for a while. BUT....I was to lazy to go looking for it last night. However, I had run across that site some time ago, and just had to find it again. Then, I didn't bookmark it. Sooooooo....I had to find it again to get you the pics. Purdy smart of me huh?#-o

Anyway, glad I could help. You should be able to get all you ever wanted to know about Maxi's there:thumbup:

Thanks 68: You're a pretty fart smeller, i mean smart feller. I'll let you know when i have that info memorized. You have any of those heads for sale?

-
Back