Max Wheel Size

-

wingsting

Reaction score
I have a 1968 Barracuda with an 8 3/4, will be installing the offset hanger/shackles spring relocation, with the xhd springs. Any help on maximum diameter, width and backspacing would be appreciated.

wow, a 13" wide tire. I am only gaining less than 1" with the spring relocation and i dont plan on mini tubbing, is there really that much room in the stock wheel well?

I'm running a set of 12.50 x15 on 10 mags with 4inch backspace and have 3-4 inches of clearance to the inner wheel well no problem (6 inch backspace would be perfect for me )

wheel.jpg

wheel2.jpg

Yup 325-50-15s in the stock wheel well. Tweety is just using offsethangers on his. I moved my springs in to the frame rails.

IM000287.jpg

IM000286.jpg

thanks for the info guys, great looking cars by the way. AdamR, on those pics you posted you said you moved your springs in to the frame rails, did you also mini tub or expand yor stock wheel well yet? What size wheels and backspacing are you using? Also, do you guys know if the offset spring relocation works with either ss springs and xhd springs?

wingsting said:
AdamR, on those pics you posted you said you moved your springs in to the frame rails, did you also mini tub or expand yor stock wheel well yet?

No, the car still has the stock wheel wells. Its pretty tight in there though so Id go with something alittle smaller. I'd stay with no more then 12.5" of section width.

What size wheels and backspacing are you using?

15X8.5" with 4-7/8" back spacing

Also, do you guys know if the offset spring relocation works with either ss springs and xhd springs?

Either springs will work.

adamR i want to run a 325/50r15 in my 67 fastback. now either i go with the same wheel as you, or i go with a weld draglite. the draglites come in a 8-9 inch wheel with 4 1/2 inch backspacing. now if i get these wheels i will prolly go with a 8 inch wheel and 4 1/2 inch backspacing. now if im right that will put the wheel 1/4 of an inch out away from the wheel well. you say its tight in the wheel well. how tight is it and will i be able to pull this off with the same size rear end as yours? basically im worried about the 1/2 inch difference in the wheel. it will pull the tire in but will look kinda dumb with a 2 1/2 inch bulge. also what is your axle measurements flange to flange, drum to drum, axle to axle, perch to perch. im hoping to get the moser60 rear this spring so i want to tell them the length flange to flange and axle to axle when i order it. thanks.

This is kinda related.
How big of tire - rim combo on a 69 swinger ?
I planned on cutting the wheel opening but not mini-tubbing

Moparmat
becareful with your inside wheel well measurment, make sure you leave 1.5 room at the top of the well
When I first Minitubed and relocated the springs on my 67 , I measured to the frame , thinking that I had room however, the top of the wheel well curves inward
I tore up a new set of Hoosiers. 295/50/15's
My Rearend measures 51.5 Drum to Drum with 8 Weldwheel / 3.5 off set however if I make some changes to the wheel well I should be able to fit 10' wide Weld wheel 4.5 offset 295 or 325/50/15 Hoosier tucked inside

-
Back