Member’s 1968 GT "personalization".

-
Well, it's official now, I have a new tenant in my garage. My brother bought this sweet 68 GT and has no room for it at his place, so it will live with me for now.
20240602_120618.jpg
20240602_120749.jpg

We gave it good run last night, he was happy with it.

I had this sway bar on the shelf that I got years back. It came off of a 68 Barracuda. It had what I think are home made attachments because he didn’t have tabs. It was painted so it may have been some form of aftermarket add on. Well, I don’t have tabs! So I’ll run this and see how it feels until I get some tabs to weld on. It’s a big bar, 1 1/8”. I gotta get some rubbers. Thought I had some kicking around somewhere. Personalization.

IMG_0281.jpeg

IMG_0283.jpeg

On my b body Mopar the sway bar hangs below the tab. But the weird thing with this bar is that it is shaped for this position. If it was down, the cross over would be leaning towards the k-member? It is perfectly straight where it sits.

IMG_0284.jpeg

Last edited:
I have to do an out of province on this so I may as well get at it!

lol. No. StuBBle is safe!

I’ll just make a piece for here out of flat.

Off to make a patch.

View attachment 1716252230
Moving right along on this and looking good, nice clean area, and congratulations on the lift being cleared for this project :thumbsup:

Inspection passed without a glitch! Tomorrow insurance and registration. Woo hooooooo!

View attachment 1716256048
This was great to see, sorry I got behind near the floor patch panel, love it when things just fall in place and pass our own inspection, even the Provence..I think that's correct my Canadian friend

-
Back