Mopar Nats 2007

-
You have to email them for any info. I did and found out that this year will be a tribute to the Sat./belv. and GTX. That's all I asked though.

Is anybody staying in Heath? I thought the cruising was pretty good compaired to Brice Rd.
I think this Yr I'm bring my car for the first time.

What hotels are on Brice? I'm on a waiting list @ Super 8 (130.00/dight...OUCH!!) and Red Roof is booked also. I realy want to check out the "night life" on Brice this year. This will be my 4th Nats and my daughters 3rd (not bad since she will be 4 this year!).

:headbang: heath? whats the crusing like there? brice isnt as fun as it used to be,they shut it down all the time and not that meany race cars.so whats happening in heath?

I've been going to the Nats sense 91.Heath is as close to the way Brice used to be back then as I have ever seen.We stay in Buckeye Lake at the KOA campground.

Yep, camped at Buckeye lake KOA for couples yrs, good place and good people.
Now we stay at the Super 8 in Heath. We hang out on brice rd a couple times but why too many people. I think why to many young kids acting dumb and thats when the police show up, kind of like a spring break thing going on i think. Seems more grow up in Heath. On Satday Night the town opens thier arms and welcomes MOPARS.
I didn't see one MOPAR get pulled over, but I did see a chevy get pulled over and get this the Heath P.D has a Dodge Dart they race.

If it does'nt get like Brice Rd(Idiot people) we can enjoy the fun and the people of Heath will continue to welcome us(MOPAR).

i am staying at the Knights Inn, its a 2 couple miles from Brice but its only 75 bucks a night.

They dont have a limitation on how many cars one person can have do they lol.

This will be my first year going there. Always has been a dream but this year I can do it! I plan to take my 73 Dart with probably by then a freshly rebuilt 360 that is bored and stroked to 426. Plus my other Mopars haha. Got some questions for the guys that has been there before. Dont want to spend a whole lot of money but yet I want to be close to the action

Where is a good place to stay at if you bring 2 trucks and 2 trailers?
Besides Heath, Brice Road, and other mentioned, anyone know of other places?
What all happens on the streets at night? (told many things lol)

Just curious as to this. I saw a video of Brice Road at last years event. Great crusing but so many people young and old, and so many cars. Its not very intelligent to do a nice burnout in the middle of all of that. What happens if something fails on the car? Hurt people, kill possibly, damage other cars, cops on your a$$ like never before, lots of things so I am just looking for a place to stay at in which I can cruise and spin the tires once in a while but not hurt anyone. Thanks guys!

If you wANT TO CAMP GO TO THE BUICKEYE LAKE KOA GOOD PLACE.
ohter than that start calling around and you might possibly get kucky and find a room. I known the place I'm staying is all booked up, the super8 in Heath. I called there looking for a room for my body and his wife and got told sorry were full.
I still say Heath is better that Brice Rd. Been there done that.

HEATH is the place to cruise,,,i have been going to the nats for years,,altho since i moved from ill to pa,, only twice ,,,back in the day before the nats moved from ohio to indy and back,,to ohio brice road was killer,,since the cops in renoldsburg got together with the indy cops,,they block brice down to one lane,,dont allow open headers or slicks,,and way to many local mini vans cruising to se what not going on,,,in 06 in the goody bag was an invatation to heath from the MAYOR,,for saturday night cruising,,they had a band at the best buy,and the local heath cops brought there 70 swinger dare car,,lots of burn outs,,some darg racing etc,,beward some local yocals in the non mopar cars,,but they were kool,and told me that heath does not roll out the red carpet for cruising to the super chevy or ford nats at national trail,, this year the MAYOR has opened the invite to both friday and saturday nights,,it brings money to there town,gas,hotels,food etc,,but they dont issue tickets like they do on brice,,,not a lot of hotels in heath either,i stayed at the spring hill suites 3 miles n,w of brice, and heath is like 8 miles if i remember correctly east of the race track,and my car gets 4mpg,,but it was worth it,,,if you dont have rooms look in a town called newark,,its between heath and the track,,seems some ma and paw places on brice have closed up,,looking shabby,,,or call the spring hill suites they will have rooms,,the chicago land mopar people stay there,,wish i was going this year,,

Thats what I like, thanks fstfish66.

We kinda have the same problem at a bi-annual cruise in my area. First 4 times the show was ran cops didnt have a huge problem with burnouts and a lil drag racing. I am thinking this coming spring will be the last time I go. Cops now pull anyone over, wether its for reving the engine, loud exhaust, spinning the tires, accerlating to fast or some half *** bullshit they come up with.

I may just load up the 2 cars I am bringing and trailer them out there and just sleep in the truck haha. I would still have a good time no doubt. 2 Mopar trucks and 2 Mopar muscle cars will sure keep me happy, not to mention every other Mopar haha.

We have stayed at the Buckeye Lake KOA for the past few years. After last year, we are not going to go back there. We had a site reserved about nine months or so in advance, a site that fit our fifth wheel RV just fine, but when we showed up on Friday night they stuck us in a overflow site. Which was just the a drive with hook ups. Prices are high, $30+ a night for two on non event, during the Mopars $60+ for two a night. We had five people with us and it cost us $90+ a night plus extra car prices. We also have to pay for three nights min. One other thing that was a bit funny was that the confirmation that we received via email stated the site that we reserved. And when they put us in another site, they told us that they don't reserve sites. When we showed them the email, they took it and said they would check on it. They took it on Friday night and we never seen or heard about it again.

We are not going to the Mopars for the whole weekend this year. One reason is the KOA thing but the main reason is that my brother and his wife is going to have their first kid about that time. So he is going to have a Mopar baby.

Is there a KOA in Heath, or did I misunderstand? If so do you know the rates?

Thanks

Sorry about your bad luck with the Buckeye lake KOA.We have been staying at that KOA for years.Two years ago or so they had a ownership change,with anything trying to get things right is slow when you don't know whats going on.We are going to stay there this year also.No there is not a KOA in Heath.

My wife still has 3 suites available on brice rd at days inn. They are pricey but are meant for two cuople or large family. They are two rooms. You can contact her at 219-879-5634 or 219-575-5664, ask for Diana. With two couples tthe split comes out to about $137 a night. The rooms are for thurs, friday, sat.

-
Back